Clinical genetic counselors use cutting edge technology to deliver telephone- and web-based genetic counseling at a time and place that is convenient to patients and their family members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect and/or review personal and family health history
- Perform expert genetic risk assessment
- Provide patient education/counseling/support
- Document patient encounters
- Generate correspondence to patients and providers
- Guide genetic test facilitation in accordance with patient’s health plan benefits
- Act as a resource for referring physicians
- Other duties as assigned
The InformedDNA Clinical Genetics team uses InformedDNA's platforms to deliver a superior patient care experience. Quality improvement is every employee’s responsibility. Identify processes and procedures that can be improved and report recommended solutions to your team leader.
Everyone working with InformedDNA is a business developer. Take the initiative to share the word about the benefits of InformedDNA services in your circle of family and friends and suggest to your team leader ways in which InformedDNA can improve our outreach to patients and providers.
Additional job requirements:
- Weekly Team Meetings/Journal Club
- Attend/complete monthly ongoing employee training
- Check email daily
- Response to patient care issues in a timely fashion
- Project meetings as applicable, and work within project-specific client timelines
- Candidates for this position must hold a Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling or Human Genetics
- Be a certified Diplomate of the American Board of Genetic Counseling or American Board of Medical Genetics
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a clinical genetic counselor is required
- elf-directed, able to work with limited direct supervision
- Above average IT skills, familiar with data management and quality control
- Well organized and self-motivated, focused on creating opportunity; Work well in an evolving and lightly structured environment
- Experience complying with state and federal regulations
- Quickly adaptive to change
- Knowledge of quality standards and how to apply/implement/interpret for the clinical setting
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Effective tele-communications skills, excellent communications skills (oral and written)
- Ability to handle multiple, unrelated tasks in a high pressure environment; Well organized and efficient
- Ability to make decisions, even if requires taking risks
- Ability to maintain balance between life and work
This position reports to the assigned Team Leader. If serving on multiple teams, this position may report to more than one Team Leader.
Genetic Services/Genetic Clinical Services; Exempt; Full-time
This is a remote/telecommuting position.
InformedDNA's nationwide network provides multiple opportunities to work with healthcare thought leaders and accomplished genetics professionals. Our deep bench of genetics experts have specialized training in oncology, neurology, cardiology, ophthalmology, reproductive genetics, pharmacogenetics, and genomics as well as rare pediatric and adult hereditary conditions. InformedDNA's leadership team includes NIH-funded investigators, and we have published and/or presented our innovative work at the American College of Medical Genetics, Commission on Cancer, Institute of Medicine, National Consortium of Breast Centers, Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine, Alliance of Community Health Plans, TEDMED and the URAC Quality Summit, among many others. Our virtual environment has allowed us to handpick and recruit the best talent, regardless of location.
InformedDNA strives to provide an optimal work setting that helps staff meet their personal and professional goals. The virtual environment allows our genetic counselors autonomy and increased job flexibility without commute-associated expenses, while retaining daily professional interactions with patients, healthcare providers and colleagues.
InformedDNA is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce. InformedDNA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.