If you're pregnant and are concerned about certain risks to your unborn child, speaking with one of our genetic counselors will help. We will help you understand your risks and ease your concerns.
Consider counseling if you...
- are concerned about an inherited genetic condition or chromosomal abnormality (e.g. Down syndrome)
- are 35 years old or older
- have a health condition that may affect the pregnancy (e.g. diabetes or a seizure disorder).
- are concerned about the effect of medications or chemical exposures on your pregnancy.
- Down syndrome (or other chromosome abnormalities)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Fragile X syndrome
- Muscular dystrophy
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
- Tay-Sachs disease
*Click here to see a list of diseases and conditions that we cover.
Counseling May Include
- Expert review of your personal and family history
- Discussion of any medication or exposure risks
- Discussion of genetic testing options
- Thorough explanation of test results
- Detailed personalized summary report
Learn more about The Counseling Process
Schedule an Appointment
To speak with a board-certified genetic counselor about your risks for a disease:
Learn more about Scheduling & Appointments